Thursday, December 19, 2013

Watching ants

As I watch the ants busy on their way somewhere important I think on a thought of how I once believed in soul mates. 
Sesame lays next to me only long enough until a squirrel decides to venture onto the leafy ground and she is gone. 
She is now sitting,  No laying a few feet in front of me in the sun.  The huge cow leg bone the noodle shop gave me is next to her,  as though in defense from the squirrels. 
I don't know if I believe in soul mates anymore.
  The sun feels warm on my skin.
Her black furr radiates some heat .
It's a good feeling of reassurance when someone is trying to hurt you with their words,  but they don't know you well enough to actually say anything that can hurt you. 
They try to lash out to protect something that the believe everyone else is blind to. 
The squirrel's nest above my head has been used by generations over the years.
Hours of sitting around,  looking at these trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment