Monday, June 10, 2013

Dreaming

I love observing time.  Each dash and line is in it's own way a record of time. While there is often something of interest that initially catches my eye,  I feel like that works as a framework or skeleton that that time is measured or built upon. The best measurements are those that are could be measured in some way. Snowflakes,  leaves, any small object counting the seconds away of life.  I feel like I'm simply measuring the way I interact with my world.  Every heartbeat, hair that falls, or breath is simply a physical representation of the microscopic change that is our cells and mitochondria that is ticking away until this form that we inhabit transforms into something else.  Watching any entire short life of an animal start to finish, really makes you question your own mortality and what is really important in life.  Maybe the purpose of life is in the moments where we take naps with our dogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment