Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Progression of a dream

We all have dreams and so many of our dreams are left unfulfilled and unfinished.  This is one reason why I'm not letting the feeling of incompleteness to influence my desire or decision to work on something.  I feel like so often I get lost in the recognizable, and forget about the smaller details that lead to the finality of a piece.  I feel like what often gives "art" soul is not necessarily in the clarity or perfection of an image,  but at in the recognition of humanity and honesty present in the works.  I feel like art across the ages has always been about attempting to portray the soul or most ephemeral aspects of something. The clarity within the individualistic nature of lines of the line maker is asunique as someone's signature. It's as though it could be a thumbprint hidden within the nature of each individual line.

No comments:

Post a Comment